While Aastra was a pioneer of VoIP in the 1990s, we recognize that the importance of VoIP isn’t “technology for technology’s sake”, but the benefits that can be realized in costs savings, productivity gains, improved flexibility and increased agility and responsiveness. Reduced call costs by pushing calls over the corporate network, streamlining of communication platforms through the convergence of IT and communication systems, and voice survivability through network redundancy all play a role in helping businesses to reap the benefits of adopting IP technology.
There are many different events that may trigger a move to VoIP such as:
- Move to / addition of a new facility
- Replacement of aging TDM equipment
- Need to integrate call features across multiple locations
- Need to centralize disparate voicemail systems
- Support for mobile/virtual workforce
- Expansion/ upgrade of network
- Business continuity/ voice survivability
- Expiration of Service Provider contract
But, regardless of your enterprises needs for moving to IP telephony, you can rest assured that Aastra will always let you get there at your own pace.